Happy New Year to each and every one of you! I can barely believe we are already in 2016!
My first post of the year is dedicated to my goals for 2016. I prefer not to call them resolutions, as the word has so many negative connotations attached to it.
Firstly, I’ve started the year off on a really creative note, which is awesome! I spent the last few days of my holiday DIY-ing at home, making a new set of shelves for my lounge and some bits and bobs for my kitchen. I hope to continue this creativity throughout the year!
The rest of my goals are as follows:
• Be present – It’s really important to make the most of every moment, since the present moment is really all we have.
• Learn to hand letter – I am obsessed with hand lettering, and would love to develop a real talent for it. I plan to stock up on some supplies next month – I’ve done enough unnecessary spending on stationery this month (check out my instagram @InspiredByGia). Of course I’ll be sharing my designs with you as I go and any tips or recommendations are welcome!
• Complain less and praise more
• Find the good in everything
• Practice yoga and meditation more often – I am really keen to develop my yoga, pilates and meditation skills. I find clearing my mind particularly difficult.
• Be patient – Anyone who knows me knows that patience is not my strong point.
• Be kind to my body – More water, more body positivity and maybe a few less pringles.
• Write daily (and blog more often)
• Wake up every day like it’s my birthday
I plan to do a lot more of what makes me happy and to share my happiness with those around me. Positivity and good vibes all around! It goes without saying that I have plans to travel this year, anywhere new, local or overseas.
What are your goals for this year? I’d love to hear from you! I look forward to sharing my journey with you guys and hope you will find inspiration along the way.
A very happy and successful 2016 to all of you!
Love and light,